- language: CoffeeScript / Python / Golang
- kvdb(for caching): memcached / redis
- NoSQL DB: mongodb / couchdb
- SQL DB: sqlite / MySQL
- ORM: sqlalchmy, Django ORM
- Reverse Proxy server / Load Balancer: Nginx
- Framework: bottle/django/express/koa
- Task runner: grunt.js / fabric
- package management: npm / pip
- Mordern Static Server: Harp / Connect
- Reset: Html5Boilerplate (with normalize)
- library management: bower
> here is a tutorial: http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools-and-tips/meet-bower-a-package-manager-for-the-web/
> bower can install and _update_ from its own index or github or a single js file.
- Library: jQuery, Underscore, Lodash
- MVC framework: backbone, Vue / React
- CSS framework:
> 1. just use bootstrap, which is the most popular, but too heavy;
> 0. purecss.io
- grid system
> using purecss's grid system
Css preprocessor: less
> sass vs. less
> sass support two syntaxes: sass and scss, which is confusing. and relies on ruby.
> less has only one syntax, which i think is uglier, but the compiler is available in js.
> so the winner is less, sass
Polyfill for mobile app: fastclick etc.
- Dependency Mangement: CommonJS / RequireJS
- GitHub: git, issue, wiki
Notes on 2017-01-21
Wow, two years ago, I was really in to node.js, now I know it's not the only future, and python still rocks
And I didn't even realize the mobile is king and the pc web is dying...